Royal Sporting Club Anderlecht Forum
Unofficial No Nonsense Royal Sporting Club Anderlecht Forum
recurring pain in his thumb

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Royal Sporting Club Anderlecht Forum -> Anderlecht Nieuws
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
wh3171
Normale Gebruiker

BerichtGeplaatst: 30-11-2019 08:40:11    Onderwerp: recurring pain in his thumb Reageren met citaat

With the MLB Off-Season underway, many teams are looking to upgrade, find replacements, and make major renovations to their clubs. Andy Benes Jersey . TSN.ca looks at the days hottest off-season rumors and speculations. White Sox want pitching Add the Chicago White Sox to the list of teams pursuing closer David Robertson. Along with their interest in Jeff Samardzija, the White Sox are looking to shore up a bullpen that posted a 4.38 ERA, bad enough for the third-highest in baseball. Chicago’s first round pick is protected, so the team would give away its second round selection as compensation if they sign Robertson. He rejected the New York Yankees’ qualifying offer earlier this off-season. It has been reported that Robertson is looking for a contract around four years and $50 million. Despite being the top closer on the free agent market, teams have been reluctant to offer big money to a reliever. Other teams in the mix for Robertson are the Yankees, Houston Astros and the Toronto Blue Jays. Posted Up South Korean shortstop Jung-ho Kang is expected to be posted next week for MLB teams to bid on. The 27-year-old has spent nine seasons in the Korean Baseball Organization. Last year, Kang batted .354 with 39 home runs. He is already drawing interest from the Athletics, New York Mets and the San Francisco Giants. While primarily a shortstop, teams like the Giants could use him at second or third base. Stubbs to Baltimore? In search of pitching, the Colorado Rockies contacted the Baltimore Orioles offering outfielder Drew Stubbs. Having lost Nelson Cruz and Nick Markakis to free agency, the Orioles are left with a corner outfield of Alejandro De Aza, David Lough and Steve Pearce. Adam Jones will remain in centerfield. Stubbs would complement the Orioles’ lineup as a right-handed bat. Last season, he hit a career-best .289 with 15 home runs and 20 stolen bases. Zimmermann talking to Nationals The Washington Nationals have re-opened contract negotiations with pitcher Jordan Zimmermann. A fair comparison to an extension for Zimmermann could be Matt Cain, who posted similar numbers before being re-signed by the San Francisco Giants for six years and $127.5 million. Zimmermann has been an all-star the past two seasons, winning 19 games in 2013. He threw a no-hitter against the Miami Marlins in September. Trevor Hoffman Jersey . -- League scoring leader Anthony Mantha had two goals and two assists to lead the Val-dOr Foreurs over the Blainville-Boisbriand Phoenix 6-3 on Wednesay in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League play on Wednesday. Dick Williams Jersey . He will just have to wait a little longer. Bester grabbed an early lead before Scotlands Darren Burnett took over and ran away with the mens singles lawn bowling final 21-9 on Friday. https://www.cheappadresjerseys.us/1073m-jason-bartlett-jersey-padres.html . Patrik Bartosak turned away 50-of-52 shots for the Rebels (28-26-4), who halted their losing streak at seven games. Trailing 2-1 after 40 minutes of play, Feser forced overtime with his second goal of the game at 5:35 of the third period. ORLANDO, Fla. -- Tiger Woods was a large part of the conversation on the eve of the Arnold Palmer Invitational. And hes not even playing. Woods is missing Bay Hill for only the second time in his career when the tournament starts Thursday on a course that Palmer said is in the best shape ever. Woods has won eight times, including the last two years, but he called the 84-year-old host on Tuesday to say persistent back pain will keep him from playing. "He didnt tell me how bad his back is. I dont think he knows how bad his back is," Palmer said. "I think hes listening to the doctors. And he mentioned that theyre saying that he needs to give it a bit of a rest and see if he can work it out. He was very nice. And I, of course, have great sympathy for the fact that he tried like hell to come here and play. And I appreciate that and the fact that he called. "I think he wanted to play golf this week," Palmer said. "I think that he needs to take (time) -- whether its this week, next week or the following week -- to get ready for Augusta. Certainly, if I were in that position, Id be doing much the same." Most of the chatter was more about the future with Woods. Will he play at the Masters? Stuck on 14 majors for the last five years, can he match or surpass the record 18 majors won by Jack Nicklaus? And what will be the larger obstacle -- his age (3Cool, his health (legs and back) or the competition (long list)? "I dont think 38 years is the ultimate stopping point for his quest to do what Jack did," Palmer said. "I think it lessens the possibility of that happening. Its going to be tough. Its going to be tough to keep the concentration and the type of the game that is necessary to win majors." Nicklaus won four of his majors after turning 38. Ben Hogan, with battered legs from a car accident, won five majors after turning 38. Palmer, however, believes more than age is at stake for Woods. "These young guys are tough, and theyre strong," Palmer said. "And if they continue to play as well as theyve been playing, its going to be tough for anybody -- whether it be Nicklaus or Tiger or whomever it would be -- to continue to win major championships. And were talking about guys that are playing good and coming on." Palmer actually had a list of players he was talking about. Some of thhem were young, such as Chris Kirk and Harris English. Bobby Tolan Jersey. Others had either won this season (Ryan Moore) or played well recently (Robert Garrigus). "I dont know how many you want me to name," Palmer said. "But really, the strength and the ability of these people is very pleasing to me." Graeme McDowell, a runner-up to Woods two years at Bay Hill, said he can understand what the No. 1 player is going through with injuries. He also believes that competition might be an even larger obstacle than his health for Woods to break Nicklaus record. "Hes a physical player who creates a lot of speed and a lot of power and his body is starting to struggle a little bit, no doubt about it," McDowell said. "But Im sure hell fix it. ... But we all talk about how good the fields are nowadays. Taking Tigers fitness and physicality out of it, winning major championships is getting harder and harder for everyone -- including the best player maybe thats ever lived in Tiger. "Hes got more than just his body to be fighting. Theres a lot of great players in the world now," McDowell said. "Its going to be harder for him to achieve Jacks record. But if anyone can do it, Im sure he can find a way because we all know how good he is." The field at Bay Hill is not as strong as usual, starting with the absence of Woods, the No. 1 player in the world and an eight-time winner of this event. Match Play champion Jason Day (No. 4 in the world) pulled out with recurring pain in his thumb, and Phil Mickelson (No. 5) is not playing this year. Not that it would change the dynamics of what already has been a peculiar season. With 18 tournaments in the books this season, Zach Johnson is the only player to win a PGA Tour event while ranked among the top 10 in the world. The Masters is three weeks away. Is it time for the stars to come out? "Hopefully, this one does," Masters champion Adam Scott said, pointing to himself with a laugh. "But as far as unexpected winners, it seems to me thats happening more and more in golf. There are more and more guys breaking through, putting in a lot of hard work and getting what they deserve. So I think weve seen a bit of a shift in the game over the last couple of years -- a lot less domination by top players." ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Royal Sporting Club Anderlecht Forum -> Anderlecht Nieuws Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: