Royal Sporting Club Anderlecht Forum
Unofficial No Nonsense Royal Sporting Club Anderlecht Forum
his role in the two goals for was only good

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Royal Sporting Club Anderlecht Forum -> Anderlecht Nieuws
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
wh3171
Normale Gebruiker

BerichtGeplaatst: 30-11-2019 08:38:14    Onderwerp: his role in the two goals for was only good Reageren met citaat

BALTIMORE -- It gets even harder from here on out for California Chrome. Starling Marte Jersey . He won easily in his home state of California, he dazzled in the Kentucky Derby and he dug deep to win the Preakness on Saturday. Now comes the toughest test of all, the Belmont Stakes in three weeks. The chestnut colt with four white feet will attempt to sweep the Kentucky Derby, Preakness and Belmont, something that hasnt been done since Affirmed in 1978. Since then, 12 horses have won the first two legs and failed to complete the sweep in the 1 1/2-mile Belmont; the last was Ill Have Another, who was scratched on the eve of the Belmont two years ago. "You have to have a very good horse to win these three races," said Art Sherman, the winning 77-year-old trainer. "Im hoping Ive got one right now." Maybe the horse with the modest pedigree and average Joe owners is the one. California Chrome defeated Ride On Curlin by 1 1/2 lengths in the Preakness, covering 1 3/16 miles in 1:54.84 on a sunny and cool day at Pimlico. Hes now won six straight races. The streak started with four in a row in California by a combined 24 1/4 lengths. Then California Chrome coasted home in the Derby by 1 3/4 lengths after opening up a big lead in the stretch. The margin dwindled in the Preakness as he fought off multiple challengers. California Chromes co-owner Steve Coburn shed tears after his colt crossed the finish line, dabbing them away with a blue-and-white bandanna. "I dont mean to be bold or cocky or arrogant," Coburn said. "I saw this baby when he was a day old, I told my wife, Carolyn, this horse is going to do something big. I dont know what it is, but were going to stay in the game to make sure this colt gets to be the best that he can be." Quite a statement from a guy with a one-horse stable. Coburn and partner Perry Martin bred an $8,000 mare to a $2,500 stallion to produce California Chrome. Based on the colts humble breeding, he probably shouldnt be on the verge of making history. His mother, named Love the Chase, won just one race. The owners were long shots to get this far, too. Coburn and Martin named their operation DAP Racing, which stands for Dumb Ass Partners. Their silks include an image of a donkey. Coburn and Perry who live on each side of the California-Nevada border get up early for their jobs -- Coburn working as a press operator and Martin running a lab that tests high-reliability equipment. "We just hope that this horse is letting America know that the little guy can win," Coburn said. Sent off as the overwhelming 1-2 favourite by a record crowd of 123,469, California Chrome bounced out of the gate running, with jockey Victor Espinoza moving the colt into the clear. Pablo Del Monte, a 34-1 shot, charged to the lead and was soon joined by filly Ria Antonia. Espinoza tucked California Chrome into third, an ideal spot behind the leaders. They stayed there until making their move approaching the final turn. "I had to move early today," Espinoza said. "I had to start moving at the half-mile pole, which is tough for a horse to start moving early and keep going all the way to the end. California Chrome proved he can move." California Chrome went for the lead, catching Pablo Del Monte while Social Inclusion joined the chase. Pablo Del Monte soon dropped back along the rail, and California Chrome sprinted away from Social Inclusion at the top of the stretch. But there was one more challenge to come. Ride On Curlin, next-to-last in the 10-horse field, ranged up and briefly appeared ready to overtake California Chrome. Once again showing his class, California Chrome denied the threat. "Its an awesome feeling," Espinoza said. "Today it was just a crazy race. I got more tired mentally than physically. I see another horse go to the front. I was going to sit second. ... I sit back, as soon as the other horse got clear of me, it worked out perfect." Social Inclusion was ridden by Luis Contreras, a jockey based at Torontos Woodbine Racetrack. California Chrome paid $3, $3 and $2.40. Ride On Curlin returned $5.60 and $3.80, while Social Inclusion was another 6 1/2 lengths back in third and paid $3.40 as the 5-1 second choice. General a Rod was fourth, followed by Ring Weekend, Pablo Del Monte, Dynamic Impact, Kid Cruz, Bayern and Ria Antonia. Dynamic Impact is trained by Mark Casse, who is also based at Woodbine. Espinoza will get another crack at trying to complete the Triple Crown, after missing with War Emblem in 2002. He finished eighth in the Belmont that year. "You have to be a super horse to win," the jockey said. "Hopefully, California Chrome comes back good, and hes the one that hopefully can do it." Bob Baffert trained War Emblem, one of his three Triple tries that ended in failure. He missed with Silver Charm in 1997 and again the following year with Real Quiet, who lost the Belmont by a nose. "California Chrome is something. Hes a cool customer," Baffert said after the race. "He does everything right. Hes fast enough to stay out of trouble." Blake Cederlind Jersey . Lawrie was hit on the hand by Cincinnati pitcher Johnny Cueto in the second inning of Sundays 4-3 loss to the Reds. Bryan Reynolds Jersey . The 55th-ranked Istomin saved 11 of 14 break points to win in just over two hours, setting up a second round meeting with Australian Marinko Matosevic. It was the Uzbeks third win in three matches against fifth-seeded Kohlschreiber, the 2007 and 2012 tournament winner. https://www.cheappiratesjerseys.us/1802e-richard-rodriguez-jersey-pirates.html . The Cavs announced the move Saturday, one day after LeBron James said hes returning to Cleveland. A 12-year veteran, Haywood has played in 794 NBA games, averaging 6.At some point, youll get tired of hearing about how great Pedro Morales is. The plaudits have been justified, if not understated, and the $1.3 million salary actually seems like a bargain given the wide manner in which one of Vancouvers most talented athletes expresses himself on the field. Another Morales masterclass was in session Sunday at BC Place, as the Chilean maestro waved his wand producing 40-yard switches, five-yard combinations...even a keep-me-up sequence that had the crowd squealing with delight. He also pulled out a new one from his tool belt, a turn at the edge of the box followed by a cut-back that left Dallas defender Stephen Keel bewildered. The subsequent strike low and to the left was beaten away by Keeper Raul Fernandez. That was after the 29-year-old unleashed a 25-yard rocket to the top left hand corner that was again foiled by the Peruvian shot stopper. And as the game dwindled down to its final seconds, Morales smashed a full volley so hard, Fernandez could only block it away. Sadly, none of the speedy Whitecaps forwards anticipated the spilled shot...and the juicy rebound was cleared. While Morales has to accept some responsibility for not hitting the target on a couple of long drives, one does wonder whether his performances...particularly at home, are being squandered. Whats amazing about Morales at the 20-game mark of the season is opposing coaches cant seem to stifle him. No formation...no specific instruction seems capable of thwarting the Whitecaps DP from conducting his business. When Dallas coach Oscar Parreja set his team up with five in midfield, you would have bet the mortgage that someone would have been tasked with either shadowing the midfield magician, or kicking lumps out of him for 90 minutes. Ralph Kiner Jersey. Instead, Morales was allowed to operate...switching from side to side and rarely putting a foot wrong. If Morales turned in those kinds of performances on an Eastern team, he would have been inked in as an MLS All-Star. His exclusion at the hands of a Will Johnson is laughable given the Portland captains 2014 form, but understandable given the games location. The week off may also be a blessing in the long run. Still, Morales will be measured on where the Whitecaps finish in 2014, not where he sits on the goals and assists table or any other personal accomplishments. All that good work on Sunday, and his role in the two goals for was only good enough to earn a single point. Two defensive blunders and a boatload of missed chances left the Caps with just five points from the last four games at BC Place, and one win in eight games. Therein lies the mounting pressure facing the organization over the next two weeks, as they look to either shore up the back end, or acquire a proven goal poacher to seal games off. Easier said than done on both fronts. Its ironic that the acquisition of Pedro Morales has set the transfer expectation bar even higher, because the club has now proven it can land the prize catch at a decent age, and for an appropriate sum. Imagine what the conductor could do with a slightly better orchestra. ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Royal Sporting Club Anderlecht Forum -> Anderlecht Nieuws Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: